It seems a lot has happened recently with Billies and Tong and I'd like to give a couple of people a shout out as well as talk about the new website and its features.
I'd like to thank my cousin Glenn who helped me run through a video presentation on how to make biltong. After many takes, a bit of banter and lots of encouragement the video is now featured on my website on the homepage and I hope this advice will help people looking to purchase a biltong box from Billies and Tong. Thank you Glenn for your time and effort, the video is exactly what I wanted and shows off my products brilliantly.
Andrew from White Label Creative who is a family friend of mine, designed the new website you see today. After chatting to Andrew my vision was brought to light and the website is exactly what I wanted and more. I'd like to thank Andrew for not only designing the website, but for taking the time to do all the extras I hadn't thought about and for always being on the other end of an e-mail for the added support and answers to my numerous questions. It's hugely appreciated and myself and Natalie cannot thank you enough. For those of you reading this, I highly recommend White Label Creative in London and their fantastic services.
A few months ago I was approached to do a local market in Frome, Somerset and was kindly offered a stall by Dawn from Celebrate Southern Africa. After some preparation, I attended the market where I showcased all my products for the very first time. From start to finish all my requests and enquiries were dealt with professionally and I'd like to thank Dawn and the team for having me. The market was a HUGE success and myself, my wife and the company look forward to returning to such a great market again next year. Thank you to all of my family and friends who attended the day to show their love and support.
Now... on to my website. There are some features I'd like to mention that I've recently put into practice.
Please see below for more information:
- Gift Vouchers - Purchase a voucher for that perfect and unique gift for a loved one. This would be a great surprise for a birthday, anniversary or Christmas gift.
- Getting Personal - Choose the option to have a product personalised. You can opt to have a biltong box or biltong chopper personalised with a name of your choice. Boxes will be stenciled and choopers have an engraved plaque.
- Shipping - You will be notified from the time the product you've ordered has been dispatched to the point of arrival. This way you have piece of mind of knowing where your order is. All small items less than 2KG are sent via Royal Mail (within the UK) and heavier items are sent via Parcel Force .
- Options - Don't forget there is a drop down box with options for you including what type of finish you would like your box to be e.g. pine or oak effect. You also have the customisation option.
- Invoice / Receipt - This is provided to you when an item has been dispatched for your reference and records.
- New Product Items - You will notice we now have new products on the website including biltong and droewors.
- Social Media - Billies and Tong is on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instragram. Give the pages a like, follow and share. It would be hugely appreciated. These icons can be found on the bottom of the website.
Thanks once again to everyone who has given me non stop support along my journey. I am very proud of my products, my achievements and the success of my business.